The Parent Engagement Center (PEC) is a joint venture between CW Solutions and the Wood County Child Support Agency. The purpose of the PEC is to provide a safe, fun and trauma-informed space for families to meet for visitation, parenting and supervised visits. The center is only available by reservation, generally by a Wood County or CW Solutions staff member. The center was designed by child development professionals and each element was carefully selected to enrich the child and family experience.
The center has four separate areas to provide unique environments for families to explore and play:
The Toddler Room
- A Book Tree fills on wall with more than 40 board books to read and enjoy.
- A six-foot long airplane activity panel perfect for toddlers is on another wall.
- Children can play with a large magnetic board, learning their numbers and letters.
- Seating includes a love seat and two bean bag chairs.
The Middle Room
- With a focus on older children, there are a variety of puzzles and games to play.
- A magnetic coaster is on one wall, with dozens of design options available for youth.
- Snap-Circuit science kit
- Table and chairs for activiites
- Two large formed, bean bag chairs
- Refrigerator, Water Cooler, Microwave
- Table and Chairs
- Kitchen utensils and supplies for some basic fun recipes
The Family Room
- Two very comfortable rocker-glider chairs.
- Plush couch
- Four modern comfy chairs
- 3-foot tall Connect Four game
- Building panels to build a fort
- Games and books
In addition, the hallway is a full aquarium theme including 10 floor to ceiling windows with an aquarium "view".
Watch the Open House video tour of facility on YouTube.