Job Opening: Family Preservation Therapist (2)
We excited to announce a new position with our company! As a long-time human services programming partner with Wood County Human Services Department, we provide a variety of joint services. Our services are now expanding to provide Family Preservation Therapy for Wood County and we are recruiting for two (2) casual therapists.
Family Preservation Therapy is in-home counseling to children and their families who are currently receiving services with Human Services (such as youth justice or family services). This position will be responsible to assist families with skill development and management of mental health, substance use, maltreatment, trauma, and/or behavioral needs. The primary focus of this position is to preserve the placement of children and youth in their homes or aid in reunification efforts by partnering with families to achieve their identified goals. It is necessary for the therapist to have a flexible schedule, including evening hours, to respond to the needs of families.
This position is ideal for an individual looking for an opportunity to work towards their clinical hours. A licensed professional provides supervision for clinical hours.
- Experience: Not Required - This position is ideal for an individual looking for an opportunity to work towards their clinical hours.
- Education: Required – Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling Marriage and Family Therapy or related program.
- Certification: Required - Eligibility for training license by meeting criteria set forth by Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services. Clinical supervision will be provided.
- Key Knowledge: Required - Human behavior, motivation, crisis intervention, family and group dynamics, money management, and organizational skills are necessary. Interviewing and assessment skills are required.
- Basic Skills: Required - Basic everyday living skills, the ability to understand and follow directions (agency manuals, etc.), and reading and writing (for reports) is necessary. Ability to communicate orally and in writing with individuals and groups.
- Transportation: Required - This position will require travel to and from client homes and off-campus sites. Individual may use personal vehicle or other means of reliable transportation.
- Office-Related Skills: Proficient with computers, printing equipment, dictation equipment, telephone, copy machine, MS Office and able to quickly learn state computer systems.
Job Description - click here
Employment Status: Casual, part-time (1,000 - 1,500 hours per year)
Starting Wage: $24.92 - $25.61 per hour, based upon experience and qualifications.
Benefits: As a part-time position, the following benefits apply: vacation, sick leave, holidays (if falls on a scheduled work day), and 401k retirement plan with up to 6% company match (fully vested at time of enrollment).
How to Apply
Deadline: Submissions will be reviewed as they are received Recruitment will continue until the positions are filled.