Job Opening: Career Services Specialist
CW Solutions, in partnership with Wood County Human Services for the NorthCentral FSET Region, is currently recruiting for a Career Services Specialist (CSS).
This unique position is responsible for developing and maintaining employer relationships in Adams, Portage and Wood counties in order to assist our FoodShare Employment & Training (FSET) customers gain and retain employment. The CSS is responsible for understanding our local labor market and sharing that knowledge with our team and our customers. The CSS also helps maintain the Labor Market and Education pages on our website, www.MyFSET.net.
This is not your traditional job developer or account rep position, as our CSS unit’s first priority is our customers and works to leverage employer and labor market relationships for our customers.
The position has the following primary responsibilities:
- Connect with local employers to develop and maintain employer partnerships with the goals of 1) establishing a direct referral process, 2) coordinating job retention support for hired FSET customers, 3) facilitating communication between FSET customers and the employer, 4) hosting employer-related events, 5) identifying specific technical and soft skills needed for available positions.
- Develop and maintain Employer Profiles with core information about the employer.
- Maintain our Employer Index, a comprehensive Excel Workbook database, that is utilized by FSET case managers.
- Meet with FSET case managers to discuss individual customer needs, promote current openings, and discuss local labor market information.
- Present information and trainings to the full FSET team regarding the labor market, job preparation and related topics.
This position is based out of Wisconsin Rapids and is responsible for Wood, Portage and Adams counties. Local travel is expected in order to provide services in the three-county area.
- Education: Required - A Bachelor’s Degree in that provides the necessary skills to meet the expectations of the position.
- Experience: Not necessary
- Key Knowledge: Preferred – As listed under Essential Skills section.
- Transportation: Required – This position requires the staff member to hold a valid driver’s license and use their personal vehicle. Mileage reimbursement is provided for all business-related travel.
- Basic Skills: Required - Basic everyday living skills are needed, as is the ability to understand and follow oral and written directions. Reading, writing and computer skills are needed.
Job Description: Click Here
Wage: Starting at $23.24 per hour
How to Apply
Before applying, prospective candidates are strongly advised to research both the FSET program and CW Solutions at www.MyFSET.net and www.changewithin.net.
Please apply via our online application.